As the name suggests, this app just selects a string at random from a list of them. It's quite simple, but I have evolved it to have many features over time. Here's some of them:
- Create, rename, and maintain custom lists of names. Names can be added, deleted, changed, or duplicated
- Choose any number of names at random with or without replacement from the list of your choosing
- Spice up the name choosing experience with the app's customizable presentation mode
- Export your name lists as .txt or .csv files
- Maintains a chronological, clearable, and copy-able history of chosen names
Backstory: I built this app back in 2015 for one of my best friends who was a math teacher at the time. The goal was to help him call on students at random in his class, which is why this app was originally called "Random Student Picker".
It now has 500k+ installs on Google Play with a 4.5+ rating after 4,700+ reviews! 2 years ago